Song Quiz from Craig Looney’s Looney’s Tunes live show on September 19, 2021 Show #148
First, some highlights from the show:
- Trombone Shorty cover of Little Feat’s On Your Way Down
- Santana featuring Rob Thomas playing Cream classic Sunshine of Your Love
- Daryl Hall’s 2011 hit Talking to Myself that debuted on “Live from Daryl’s House” TV show
- Bonnie Raitt’s cover of Gerry Rafferty hit right Down The Line
- Bryan Ferry from Roxy Music using his unique voice singing (What A) Wonderful World
*We'll play a track that contains the lyrics "satisfying her every need" that got the attention of censors. So much so that many radio stations either refused to play it or bleeped out the word 'night". The band also altered the lyrics when they sang it on The Ed Sullivan. Name the song and band that did it...
* We'll share a song that is sung in a gospel style with 3 bandmember voices multitracked to sound like a choir. The gospel sound was inspired by Aretha Franklin. This was one of the most favorite tracks this band recorded...at least to the lead singer. Name the song...the band...the lead singer...
*The frontman of this band wrote this song that became the trio's biggest hit. So big, in fact, that it is estimated to account for nearly 1/3 of the frontman's very sizeable income. It won 2 Grammys and was written at the real-life James Bond's desk at the Goldeneye Estate in Jamaica. as he skipped out of London to escape the furor of his dalliance and overall publicity of his divorce. The year was 1983...Name the band, the frontman and the song...
*We'll play a song played together by this band that actually has 3 different stories about where it was sung the very first time...Was either at the house of Cass Elliott, perhaps Joni Mitchell's home or the abode of John Sebastian, in the living room to be specific. We'll reveal the correct answer later today. Name the band, the location and extra credit for the song from back in 1969
Battle Of The Bands!
Have I Told You Lately by Van Morrison vs Have I Told You Lately by Rod Stewart
1. Let’s Spend The Night Together, Rolling Stones
2. Somebody To Love, Queen, Freddie Mercury
3. The Police, Sting, Every Breath You Take
4. Crosby, Stills & Nash, Joni Mitchell’s Home, You Don’t Have To Cry
Rod Stewart was the winner with 52% of the votes
Leave a Reply.